Everything You Need to Know About Invisalign
Invisalign Patient Before and After Photos
We at Excel Dentistry are one of the most well-established dental offices in St. Louis Park, Minnesota and offer outstanding Invisalign services. Our team of expert dentists has handled a large number of Invisalign cases and can provide tailored solutions for the best results. Let’s take a detailed look at what Invisalign is.
Our Invisalign Treatment Options
We offer a variety of treatment options such as:
- Invisalign Express – This is an excellent option to correct various minor orthodontic issues such as small spaces or a mild relapse from some previous alignment treatment. You get between 5 and 10 individual aligner trays, and the treatment would last for three to six months.
- Invisalign Lite – This option is for treating mild to moderate teeth misalignment. You get a maximum of 14 aligner trays, and the treatment can take between seven to eight months.
- Invisalign Full – This treatment option is best suited for moderate to severe teeth misalignment problems and could take up to 12 months.
Invisalign treatment involves the use of clear aligner trays that help fix minor teeth alignment issues. These series of trays are custom-designed to fit your teeth and are practically invisible. Since Invisalign is made of special clear plastic material, the trays aren’t as apparent as conventional metal braces. This means you won’t feel self-conscious while using them in professional and social settings.
This treatment is suitable for adults as well as children. The trays are comfortable in the mouth. Depending on the level of misalignment, it generally takes up to 12 months to bring the teeth into the right position. As mentioned, you can continue with your current lifestyle without any significant changes as the trays are hardly noticeable in your mouth.
The aligner trays have to be removed before you eat anything and there are no dietary restrictions, which is a distinct benefit of Invisalign. You may feel slight discomfort in your mouth when you first start wearing these trays, but there is no pain like in the case of metal braces.
Invisalign- How Does It Work?
Invisalign treatment is quite straightforward. The assessment, fitting sessions, maintenance, and overall care are all quite easy. When you come to us for Invisalign, this is what you can expect:
- Consultation – Our dentist will conduct an in-depth assessment of your teeth. They will scrutinize your mouth thoroughly to determine whether Invisalign is the right option for you. If it is, they will provide you all information related to the procedure, the number of aligner trays you might need, and the estimated duration of the treatment.
- Tailored Treatment Plan – Since every person will have different teeth alignment issues, the treatment plan will be customized to your needs. The dentist will first take a 3D scan of your entire mouth. In some cases, they will take X-rays as well. The measurements from the scans and the X-rays will be used to create the aligner trays. Our expert will also show you a preview of what your smile would look like at the end of the treatment.
- Aligner tray fitting – Once we receive the trays from the lab, we will call you in for a fitting. Our dentist will provide detailed information on how you need to wear and remove the aligners, and maintain them. For the best results, it’s essential to follow these instructions to the tee. We will also schedule regular follow-up appointments to check progress and to ensure that your teeth are in good condition.
For any more information about our excellent Invisalign services in St. Louis Park, MN, feel free to call Excel Dentistry at this number- 952-746-3233. You can also send us your queries via this Online Form.